photo rachel-header_zpsz74noypm.png
 photo home_zpsypr6ipzz.png  photo retreatdetails_zpsqhbi1gjo.png  photo stitching_zpsjkm12j5c.png  photo planning_zpsttgerxou.png  photo bravegirluniv_zpsd5wdnpof.png  photo shop_zpsuaedqncv.png  photo contact_zpsv3zodp9a.png

Fall 2016 - 11th Semester of Handmade U, September 8-10

Hi All -

Lots of planning and dreaming going on over here at the Homestead.  With the snow beginning to melt after being frozen out here in the country, I can start to see signs of Spring, if they are only a tease, I'll go with it for now!

I know we still have our Spring semester of Handmade U May 12-14 coming up with special guest teacher Mindy Lacefield, some seats still available!  Check out details HERE.


Even with an exciting event coming, I decided to go ahead and announce our Special Guest Teacher for the Fall semester of Handmade U!  I just can't hold these things in when I make my mind up on who is coming, I just can't as hard as I try!!

Many have asked to come teach at Handmade U, and I keep that list close at hand to have ready for when my inspiration hits for either a workshop or full weekend retreat.  Although I can't invite everyone to come and teach at the Red Barn, I truly appreciate the kind words people share with interest in coming.  I hope to be able to have more classes available as our community of students grows.

I look back at the classes and wonderful instructors we've had so far, I think about the things the ladies have asked for in future classes, and I keep in mind what I am being drawn to in my favorite instagram feeds.  If I find myself obsessing over someone's feed, whether it be their beautiful art, interesting take on a creative idea, or anything else that pulls me in, I might just reach out and ask her if she is interested in teaching at Handmade U.

I love that a handful of the talented artists that have taught at Handmade U had their teaching debut here!  I don't necessarily pick the teachers that have taught everywhere in the world, though I am certainly not opposed to that, I love the idea of giving someone a chance to either get a start in sharing their gifts, or finding a new outlet to share their talents in a different venue.

One of the reasons my alumni come back semester after semester is that we have fresh ideas and fun classes each time.  Even for those students that don't think they are a painter, come take a class involving paint (maybe this May!?!) you may find you love it.  For students that don't think they can draw, come to this upcoming Fall class and see fun, inspiring ways to incorporate this practice into your creative journaling!

Okay Okay, I know you are just thinking "get to it already Rachel!!"  Drum Roll Please.......


Our Fall Special Guest Teacher will be the Amazingly talented Jen Osborn! of the Messy Nest.  She is a multifaceted talent - illustrator, knitter, seamstress, artist, etc.  It was hard to decide what to have her teach...that is until she sent me a picture of her yummy journals.  SOLD.



If you don't follow Jen's Instagram, please take a moment, hop over and add her to your feed.  @themessynest you won't regret it.


I am super excited about the Fall Semester not only because I drool over Jen's journaling and daily drawings in the books she puts together, but also because SHE is excited to come teach at Handmade U.  I appreciate so much an instructor that gets pumped up and thinks about how to get our students excited and what amazing things she can bring to share with everyone.

Take a Peek at what she has in store for us!!

Click On Preview Video Link Below:
https://voice.adobe.com/a/VBE3K

Handmade U is a collaborative weekend between me & my helpers, the guest teacher, and the students.  We all have a wonderful weekend when we work together to make it great!

Some of my tasks I'm working on:
Finding a great instructor - Jen Osborn - CHECK
Planning out my Half Day Class - in process of creating examples - more to come soon!
Gathering Sponsors for Goodies - in process - if interested in sponsoring please message me!
Marrying an Awesome PitMaster to feed use amazing food - Jim McGough - CHECK
Bringing on a Rock Star Right-hand GAL - Nicole - I hope you can come again!!??

Teacher's tasks:
Create a Fun-filled inspired class!!
Share your gifts with the students!
HAVE FUN!

Students' tasks:
Come ready to meet new friends!
Come ready to eat tasty food and snacks!
Come ready to learn some new techniques and bring more creativity into your life!
Allow yourself to rest, let us take care of you, and ENJOY THE WEEKEND!!

Details will be shared shortly on how to register for our Fall Semester!  Feel free to message me to share your interest in coming so you'll be the first to know when the registration goes LIVE!  This is going to be a popular class!!

Hugs,
Rachel

Blogging tips