photo rachel-header_zpsz74noypm.png
 photo home_zpsypr6ipzz.png  photo retreatdetails_zpsqhbi1gjo.png  photo stitching_zpsjkm12j5c.png  photo planning_zpsttgerxou.png  photo bravegirluniv_zpsd5wdnpof.png  photo shop_zpsuaedqncv.png  photo contact_zpsv3zodp9a.png

My One Little Word - Word of the Year : LEARN

Hi -

Have you all picked your Word of the Year, or One Little Word??  Some of you probably started this process at the end of last year and got started Jan 1 right? Or are you with me in feeling I'm behind in getting this year started?  Feb 1 is feeling more reasonable to kick off the year for me.

I did choose LEARN as my word.  There are so many things I want to learn and all that is stopping me is not taking the first step and doing it.  I figured I'd make a list of all my online courses I still have access to and pick one to get started on.

However as the year began I felt compelled to turn LEARN a bit on its side and incorporate in TEACH.  I was having so much FUN with my zipper pouches and others were commenting they wished they knew how to make them too.  So I decided to create the Zipper Pouch 101 online course.  I didn't realize how much I would truly LOVE seeing all my sewing students' completed pouches and the "in process" pictures they are sharing!  So proud and filled with admiration for those who even while scared, picked up their zippers and started sewing!  They did it!!  I haven't had one person yet FAIL, and I don't think I will. You can join us in this fun easy to follow video class by purchasing the class HERE!  Check out all the fun vintage kits too!


I still am focused on my word LEARN, however I think it will be cuddling up with TEACH hand in hand for the year.  I will be sharing opportunities for you all to LEARN too!

I have enjoyed seeing the Special Word Cuffs that people have made from my Brave Girls' University course, and have decided I'll be posting a new course soon.  The course will be a manageable sewing course that you can enjoy learning one Quilt Block a month for the year!  At the end of the year you will have a wonderful Sampler Quilt to put together and have quilted.  Throughout the year if you love one block I'll show you how you can create an entire quilt with that one block.  Anyone out there that has a desire to create their own quilt to pass down through generations, but never believed they could, this course will be for you!!

This is the first block I'll be teaching!  It's called the Jacob's Ladder block.  A classic.

I'll be announcing the roll-out soon!  If you are already a BGU member, YAY!!  If not, click on this picture below to sign - up!



I will receive credit for your use of my link, and your friends, so thank you thank you, this helps me keep offering courses such as these!!


There is still time to sign up for Handmade U - Spring Semester May 4-6!  We'll be Stitching away in the Red Barn!  Come join us!  Click HERE to register!


Hoping you are staying COZY this Winter!  xoxo, Rachel





1 comment:

  1. Valuable post! Looking for piping course in india? Visit PWInstitute to learn piping engineering course.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips